Sunday, February 2, 2014

Nexus 7 LTE (2013) - Review

I've been a fan of Android ever since I got my HTC EVO 4G on Sprint. Since I heavily use most Google Services, it puts all those right at my fingertips having access to do everything right at my fingertips.

I was interested in getting a tablet but I didn't know exactly what I wanted. A 10" would be great for viewing and reading, but I knew it wouldn't leave the house in that case, plus it was then nearly the size of the screen on my laptop. So, I pretty much settled on going with a 7" as it was good for reading, plus would be easy for use in the car or friends houses.
Nexus 7 (2013)

When the Nexus 7 (2013) was announced I knew that was the tablet for me. It had a 1080p resolution screen, Snapdragon S4 Pro with Adreno 320 graphics, plus it was thin and light. I opted for the LTE version because T-Mobile had just announced their free data plan, which was perfect for me cause most months, I wouldn't need more than the 200mb of data on the go, but a few months a year I did, in which I could upgrade the plan for those months.

The device is great. It is thin and lightweight. It is easy to use while watching TV or a movie. Great for playing videos in the kitchen while waiting for the food to cook or showing your favorite YouTube video to your friends. With it being the size it is, its not clunky to take in the car or around town.

The screen is top notch. With the tablet pixel density, the pixels are to small to discern and the colors are very vivid. The brightness can be cranked up for in bright light making it usable in all conditions. The touchscreen is very durable and responsive. The finger slides nicely along the surface though it does tend to pick up fingerprints but they wipe away with ease.

Since this is a Nexus device, it runs Android with out the bloat, just the Google Services and it gets its updates fast as compared to most other devices. The tablet is smooth and responsive, which it should be with the power it has under the hood. The device came with Android 4.3 and this was great on the device. Since then, Android 4.4 has been released and makes the Nexus 7 an even greater deal and purchase.

At $350, this tablet was just a bit more than the iPad mini, but with much better hardware plus LTE radio that is compatible with Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.

All in all, this tablet is an amazing device and a great buy. I've used many other tablets and this one is the best in my opinion as it doesn't have any bloat interface and is a great price.

No comments: